I’ve been using Dr. Bronner’s hand sanitizer for about 2-3 months now. So far, I’ve only tried two variations: the lavender and the peppermint. They look like this:
They’re pretty small because they’re “travel size”.
This is how the lavender scent bottle looks like:
This is how the peppermint bottle looks like:
Important details printed on the bottle
NOT ALL IMPORTANT INFORMATION INCLUDED ON THE LIST BELOW. Please read the instructions on the website & bottle carefully before use.
- Name: Lavender/Peppermint Organic Hand Sanitizer
- Certified Fair trade
- 99.9% effective against germs
- Ingredients:62% organic fair trade ethyl alcohol, water, organic glycerin, organic lavender/peppermint oil
- Uses: for hand washing to decrease bacteria on skin
- Purpose: antiseptic
- Active ingredient: organic ethyl alcohol 62%
- Inactive ingredients: water, organic glycerin, organic lavender oil
- Warnings: for external use only. Flammable. Keep away from fire or flame.
- Do not use near eyes. In case of contact, rinse eyes thoroughly with water
- Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation develops
- Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- Directions: spray on palm, rub hands together. Supervise children under 6
- Other information: store at 20-25 degrees Celsius (68 to 77 Fahrenheit)
- Made in: USA
Product description on Dr. Bronner’s site
To better meet the recent increase in demand due to COVID-19, Dr. Bronner’s Organic Hand Sanitizer bottles may temporarily vary in shape.
Due to the limited supply of our hand sanitizer, the maximum quantity you can purchase is 3 units of the hand sanitizer. Any order that has more than 3 units of the hand sanitizer will be canceled & refunded.
Our Organic Hand Sanitizer kills germs with a simple formula: organic ethyl alcohol, water, organic lavender oil, and organic glycerin—that’s it! None of the nasty chemicals you find in conventional sanitizers, but just as effective. Our Organic Hand Sanitizer is perfect for using on the go, on your little ones’ sticky hands and faces, even as an air freshener or deodorant. Sanitize with a clean conscience. All-One!
SUGGESTED USES:Sanitize with a clean conscience! Spray our Organic Hand Sanitizer on children’s sticky hands—wipe clean! Spray on surfaces in public bathrooms, classrooms, buses, trains, planes! Clean screens! Use as air freshener or deodorizer—spray into air for wonderful aroma!
- I got it for about S$6+ from Watsons. Since it’s a hand sanitizer after all, I’d purchase it from websites or shops which can be trusted to sell legitimate items.
- The products are available on Dr. Bronner’s website as well.
I am no medical professional, so I don’t know if this hand sanitizer is the best one to use/good to use in the covid-19 situation the world is in.
But I do give a 4/5 rating for this hand sanitizer because
- It’s convenient to use; easier to spray the sanitizer on my hands (compared to having to screw/turn/lift open a cap)
- I can control the amount of hand sanitizer on my hand (compared to other bottle forms which I tend to squeeze too hard- way too hand sanitizer gets on my hands)
- I prefer this lavender smell to strongly citrus/perfume-like (flowery?) smell. It feels both like a hand sanitizer and a sort of light cologne I can use.
- The sanitizer doesn’t leave my hands feeling sticky.
- There’s less chance hand sanitizer will get messy in my bag. In this covid situation when handwashing is one of the most important things we can do to protect ourselves and others from the virus, hand sanitizer has become a necessity. Closing/pressing on/screwing off/on the cap of a hand sanitizer is not only troublesome- sometimes when not closed properly, some sanitizer tends to get in my bag. There’s no chance of that for the spray version of Dr. Bronner’s.
That’s it for this review! Hope you’ve found this post informative. If you did, please give it a like/comment! It’ll be even better if you follow my blog “Han Style” 🙂
Cheers, Han Sol